Under this Privacy Notice, we, Essilor ltd, inform you what personal data of yours we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. Your personal data means any information relating to you, including your name and contact details. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully, it is very important that you fully understand how we are processing your personal data and how we are protecting your privacy. If you have any question regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us as set out below:
Our contact details are: Essilor ltd, Cooper Road, Thornbury, BS35 3UW.
Our Data Protection Officer is: email@example.com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to process CET accreditations. We thank you to provide us with complete and accurate data, and also to inform us if your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to fulfil accreditations properly. We collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Contact name, Email Address, Phone Number, Practice Name, Profession, GOC Number
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by the laws and regulations. Sometimes, we shall use your personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affect you.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your contact details to fulfil your CET accreditations, to send personalised email communications and to provide access to your Essilor Profile. Such a process is allowed by Art 6 para. 1 lit B of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation): processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The period for which we store your personal data is shown in the table below:
Contact Details - for as long as you are subscribed to the CET learning management system or at least 7 years for legal reasons.
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
We inform you that we share your personal data with companies outside of Essilor International.
Synaptiq Limited t/a Perceptive, Prince Albert House, 20 King Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1DT
Feet High Ltd, Suite 2 Lower Ground Floor, One George Yard, London, England, EC3V 9DF
ConsiderIT Ltd, 37 Shore, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 6QU
DataVita Ltd, Fortis Datacentre York Road, Chapelhall, Airdrie, Lanarkshire, Scotland, ML6 8HW
Company number 1150137
General Optical Council,10 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7NG
For recipients located in United States, the European Commission has decided that this country ensures an adequate level of protection by reason of its domestic law or of the international commitments it has entered to.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- All of our employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into nondisclosure or similar agreements, which impose obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We provide data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have right:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your personal data;
- To restrict or object to it's processing;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information;
- In some circumstances, to require certain of your personal data to be transferred to you or a third party
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are committed to enable you exercising your rights: to do so, you can contact us at the details set out at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. Please provide us with the following information, so that you can take your request with all due consideration:
- Your name and surname, and a photocopy of your identity card;
- Your specific petition (in other words, what rights you want to exercise); and
- The date of the application and your signature (if you sent your application by postal mail). If you do not get satisfaction by contacting us, you can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with a data protection authority.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice, in particular to make it compliant with new laws and regulations regarding data protection. But, even if this Privacy Notice may change from time to time, we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit consent.